Firewire® Flame Retardant PC-ABS (polycarbonate + ABS alloy) is made using a premium UL94 V-0 rated PC-ABS. It has higher strength and thermal resistance (HDT) than ABS, alloying the mechanical properties and high-heat resistance of PC with the printability of ABS. This filament is ideal for applications which require UL94 V-0 self-extinguishing characteristics.
Benefits of Firewire Flame Retardant PC-ABS:
- Improved durability and sturdiness in parts with highly flame-retardant, self-extinguishing properties, superior to FR-ABS alone
- High thermal properties making it functional up to 110°C
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Amorphous structure gives it lower, near isotropic shrinkage
- Made using UL94 V-0 rated base resin
Direct ventilation is required to print Firewire Flame Retardant PC-ABS. This grade has a much more pronounced odor during printing and it is highly recommended to use in a well-ventilated area or with HEPA and carbon filtration systems available.